D.I.Y : Electrical & Fuel maintenice - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs

DIYs These threads contain answers to common topics. "Do it yourself" modifications are also archived here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-02, 03:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
D.I.Y : Electrical & Fuel maintenice

Just a few things i have picked up checking around me legend engine.

Checking Injectors :
Pull out the wire plug to the injectors 1 at a time, and check all there resistances with a multi-meter. they should all be 5-7 ohms. With all the injectors In the fuel rail start the engine.Start at 1 side and pull 1 injector out at a time. if the engine starts to run worse thats good. Then you know it was working. Put the injector back in. Continue around in a circle checking 1 at a time. If you come across an injector and when you unplug it the engine sounds the same. then its not working. Check the wireing or replace the injector.

Wireing harness :
It dosnt hurt to open each wireing harness and spray contact cleaner in them. just go 1 at a time and don't mess anything up.

Spark plug wires :
Pull out both sides and check the resistance between both contacts on each side. it should be less than 25,000 ohms. if nto replace them. try to get the OEM replacements there always better.

Oil additives :
All B.S. there is a few I'm trying but not sure on results. anyone ever use Lucas ? just stick to the book for best type of oil. use good oil .. duh! are legends deserve it. From what Ive learned the oil with the least polymers. for example straight 50w oil has none. 20-50 has alot. and 5-50 would have more. but its differnt when you goto synthetic. I dont know about Synthetic from what i hear its great if your car is young or was raised on synthetic. But by poor legend was abused. so the engine is a little worn and switching over to synthetic might be too much for its seals and all. anyone know much about that.

Always CLEAN every terminal or contact you find anywhere.

Another important thing is if something broke... fix it. the longer you limp your legend around injured the more damage your going to do. keep it clean and maintaned and your legend will go forever.
pyros88legendcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-04, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Arrow

Your right about the limping, My legend has so many problems right now. Its so hard to fix them. but i'm trying to keep up with it. I read your info on the spark plugs and injectors .I"m not so familar with it. if you could post pictures it would be great.
phan_nam420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-04, 08:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

I bought my 92 with 138,000 that was 2 yrs ago and started running syn oil from the day it was bought.I go with a 0 x 30 MOBIL 1 in the winter and 5 x 50 Castroil Syntech in summer.You will notice sum fuel savings in winter and summer because it warms up to operating temp quicker.Also I just started using LUCAS SYN. FORUMLA,and u will notice a dramactic affect.
Scotty C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-05, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

In my 93 Legend I recently switched from Valvoline 5w 30 conventional to Valvoline 5w 30 Durablend. I am pleased with the results and found that it is the best way to go with a high milage car if it doesn't leak or burn it. (Mine had 140,000 when I switched). Supposedly, you are only supposed to use Synthetic only from Day 1, or shortly thereafter. This is what I did, it runs and idles like a purring cat.
stir_fry_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Could you provide more details on pulling out the injectors?
firelizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 12:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

does anybody know if you have to remove the transmission in order to replace the differential?91 acura legend coupe?
Thewhit3demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 12:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

im having problems with my tail lights my turn,brake lights work but when i turn on the head lights my right tail lights dont work at all but brakes and turn lights work
walkers_chevelle67@hotma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 02:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car 1: 94 legend gs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty C. View Post
I bought my 92 with 138,000 that was 2 yrs ago and started running syn oil from the day it was bought.I go with a 0 x 30 MOBIL 1 in the winter and 5 x 50 Castroil Syntech in summer.You will notice sum fuel savings in winter and summer because it warms up to operating temp quicker.Also I just started using LUCAS SYN. FORUMLA,and u will notice a dramactic affect.
I did the same thing with mine. I changed my differential, trans and oil to all synthethic. I also replaced all the leak gaskets with new one. I also use the Lucas product and I could tell a big difference. Mine runs smoother and quieter since i did the lube change.
endofmankind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car 1: Acura legend 1991 coupe
Car 2: 2005 ford taurus

I got in accident with my 91 acura legend coupe and the damage isnt too much but the car doesnt turn on they say it has fuse or some thing does any one know what should i do ? i want to do it by my self. thank please massage me the answer,
norvelbab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-09, 08:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car 1: 2006 Jeep Liberty
Car 2: 1997 TL
Car 3: 1992 Legend L

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ghia01
3 attempted hijacking of original thread, unbelieveable!
ghia01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 07:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghia01 View Post
3 attempted hijacking of original thread, unbelieveable!
lol that's funny.

this thread is old, and the original poster didn't even know much about Synthetic oil.

"I dont know about Synthetic from what i hear its great if your car is young or was raised on synthetic."

So let the young bucks chime in will ya.
Legend-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 09:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

Car 1: 1990 integra rs 4dr
Car 2: 1991 integra ls 3dr
Car 3: 2001 toyota tacoma

The best stuff i have used to date is still Royal Purple. I know it's a little spendy, but it's definitely worth it. I've done done before & after tests with an infrared thermometer and from mopeds to sport bikes to lawn mowers to honda engines to big diesel motors, i guarantee you will see lower operating temps and a quieter, happier motor. If you do your own oil changes, you can feel the difference between your fingertips. Because you're intervals go up to every 5000 miles, that compensates for the price difference slightly, but even after 5000 miles the oil feels better and looks better than any conventional and most synthetics. It also eats oil sludge in your motor if you or someone else neglected your motor in the past.
cerve137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs