Stage 1 Exhaust/Headers system is here. - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995) > Engine & Performance Modifications

Engine & Performance Modifications Discuss Engine and performance modifications from intake to suspension to rotors to etc. :)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-14-02, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dv8
Life Ruiner

Car 1: 08' Lexus IS-F
Car 2: 91' 3.5 Hybrid Turbo
Car 3: 92'Yukon/06'Trailer

iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Stage 1 Exhaust/Headers system is here.

technical difficulties on old thread

READ it all:

Ok so i been thinking, lots of people want a true performance mod for the legend that consists of something other than CAI, catback exhaust, and a chip.

Well thats were i stepped in to create headers. Now i got a lot of flak back and fourth on the header subject; emissions, sound,PRICE.

well a performance mod by definition is a mod that increases performance, so screw emission, sound and price.

However i know not everyones willing to comprimise.

Since headers are still being made in a few more months on the actual manifolds, another aspect of the exhaust has been moded and as been selected as a first stage for those that cant afford or wait for the actual full header setup.

All G2 legends can benefit from this improvemnt as there are no differences on these exhaust parts between all legends.

type 2 coupes an sedans will lose their precats, which all type 1 already dont have them.(they smog just fine)

Heres how we break it down

Stage 1 =specially desinged down pipe(made for topend or for all around performance, needs to be specified)

Stage 1 a. Same as above with a hi flow cat replacement.

Stage 1 b. Same as both above with a open header Y cutout(those really serious about running wide open at the track.

Stage 1 c. All of the above

*Note that this down pipe may or may not work with the final header system when it comes out(refered as stage 2) But remember a decent muffler shop can do just about anything so I dont see any draw back as this down pipe is in essence the same as the one being made for stage 2 just with different connections and flanges.

ALSO
Its higly suggested that you already or plan on having an perfromance muffler put on the car with 2.5 inch piping cat back.
Greddy or remus are the best choices for sound as the remus is the most aggressive in sound and the greaddy is blending both sound a performance.

SOUND: its noticeable louder, not ricey, but low bass. have you ever heard a skyline ? a silvia? 300z? its all the same low growl sound. Remeber you can always have you muffler shop put on a resonator if its just to much for you. (its really exilerating)

INSTALLATION: As ive mentioned you will be required to have a muffler shop put it all in for you, as there have car lift which is a must. depending on which stage you purchace your labor will range between 100-225. 225 is a real strech being i was quoted by a local shop 140.

Gains: At least 2/10's NON NOS AND 3-5/10's with NOS.

Ever felt VTEC? I swear between 4000RPM(tri-stage manifold opens up) and were ever your revlimit is a huge autable and noticable differnce in performance,youll swear you have VTEC. I posted my all time best time today at SAC raceway of a NON NOS of 15.0 with the Stage 1 b. setup(closed- open header Y), Dv8ed CAI, chip, Greddy cat back.
With NOS it was like Vtec on crack-I coundnt stop from losing traction off the launch with consistant 13.6's and a all time nos best low 13.5. With traction , 13.4-13.3s are moslt likely achivable and will be studied by me.

Emissions: the hiflo cat should be all you need to pass emissions if your car is in good working order. i plan on doing a smog test this december, i should pass just fine. you can always keep your stock cat inplace and just have the downpipes installed.

INSTRUCTIONS:
for you/your installer will be provided.

PRICE:
Full header system will run 1100+shipping(stage 2) No question about it. there maybe some group buy discounts but, thats the final set price. Finish date is still TBA.

Thats were stage 1 comes into play.

Stage 1 =specially desinged down pipe(made for topend or for all around performance, needs to be specified) $490 +shipping

Stage 1 a. Same as above with a hi flow cat replacement. Add $65

Stage 1 b. Same as both above with a open header Y cutout(those really serious about running wide open at the track. Add $45

stage 1 c. All of the above 580 +shipping

GROUP BUYS:

I need 5 people or more to start a group buy.

group buy price will be 440 + shipping+ any of the extra stuff.

delivery date is 2 weeks after payment.

Payment is preffered through paypal, MO, cashiers check etc.

PM, Email, or reply for involment or questions.

Im NOT Displaying the setup by picture until im compensated.
so dont ask.

Ok, What dont you guys understand?

Stage 1 =specially desinged DOWN PIPE(made for topend or for all around performance, needs to be specified) $490 +shipping

Stage 1 a. Same as above with a hi flow CAT REPLACEMAENT. Add $65

Stage 1 b. Same as stage 1 with a open header Y cutout(those really serious about running wide open at the track. Add $45

Stage 1 c. same as stage1 with both open header Y and cat replacement.

OLD PARTS USED AS REFERENCE.

OLD DOWNPIPE/THE NEW DOWN PIPE IS A HIGHLY REWORKED ONE OF THESE.

BOTH OLD CAT AND DOWNPIPE, MAIN PARTS TO BE REPLACED.

THE SMALL 1 FOOT LONG CAT REPLACEMENT WILL REPLACE THIS DOG OF A CAT.(OVER THREE FEET LONG OF RESTRICTION.)
FOR YOU THAT THINK THIS IS NOT RESTRICTIVE, CHANGE IT BEFORE YOU PREACH.

THIS IS THE EXHAUST CUTOUT Y(OPEN HEADER Y). PICTURE SAYS IT ALL

NEW CAT REPLACEMENT WILL LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

~Hybrid

Last edited by Dv8; 11-14-02 at 01:27 PM.
Dv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-02, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
How much do you think shipping will be?

-Brandon
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-02, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
88 sleeper

Car 1: juiced sedan

Send a message via AIM to RICDOGG
Seeing an automatic legend running a 15.0 all motor in person is frikkin awesome!!

i’m not sure if he had the cutout open or not, but the car wasn’t that much louder @ idle. & you can audibly hear the change in tone through the exhaust when the butterfly’s open.

Obviously I couldn’t visually see the stage 1c setup but I can vouch for the run I saw.

Sometimes I wish I had a g2 to call my own…….sometimes.
RICDOGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-02, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Stage 1 =specially desinged DOWN PIPE(made for topend or for all around performance, needs to be specified) $490 +shipping

Stage 1 a. Same as above with a hi flow CAT REPLACEMAENT. Add $65

Stage 1 b. Same as stage 1 with a open header Y cutout(those really serious about running wide open at the track. Add $45

Stage 1 c. same as stage1 with both open header Y and cat replacement.

I'de be interested In the Stage 1 A.....

But would the stage 1. A work with the headers when you produce them, or should i buy this package w/ the headers when they come out so there wont be any fitment problems... (would this set up work w/ a Legend Specific Remus...)

The part I dont understand is the Y cut out.. is this only for the track use what does it do...
Old 11-14-02, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hey DV8,

Maybe I might be wrong, but I think my muffler shop ran a new 2.5" downpipe running through a high-flo cat and out 2.25" piping. I could've sworn they ran piping from the header to the back so do I already have a sort of Stage 1 header development? I do notice a lot more performance gain over what I had before, it is louder...but if I need to I have some silencers for my mufflers. I also get some backfiring when I shift from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd. Also if rev my car and let off the gas real quick I'll get backfiring and I can keep backfiring if I get on and off of it. I think it's kind of a cool sound, nothing like real loud, just putts of backfire.

Maybe I might be wrong, but I just want to ask if thats possible for a muffler shop to do that?
Legendary91L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-02, 03:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
E K
Junior Mint

Car 1: 91 Legend, 03 G35

2/10 improvement with just a downpipe, can't wait until the full header setup comes out. I think I'm still going to wait for the headers though.

91 Acura Legend Sedan LS 173 HP/180 torque sold
03.5 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT sold
06 Infiniti Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
07 Honda Civic GX
E K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-02, 03:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'll wait for the real deal too. I really want to run in the 14's all motor.
Old 11-14-02, 05:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

DUUUUUDE!!! You're awsome. I can't wait till it's all ready to go. This will definitally be my next upgrade after nos. As soon as the money comes in. YOU RULE!
type2ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-02, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

wow, our stock piping is TINY
dremas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-02, 07:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Re: Stage 1 Exhaust/Headers system is here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dv8

Im NOT Displaying the setup by picture until im compensated.
so dont ask.

Only thing I dont get....why cant we see em?
B-Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-02, 08:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

cuz people can copy them using the pictures. plus we've known dv8 for a long time right? longer than i've been here, he's moderator, and he's taken all this effort into R&D and production of this stuff, so we can trust him.
dremas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-02, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

I was at the Sacramento Raceway that night DV8 ran, so I can vouch for his time. He ran a 15.0 on his last run of the night without the bottle. He was running mid 13's the whole night with the bottle.

DV8, I think you could hit your low 13's if had kept your car straight going down the track. You were swirving a bit. Next time I see you out there, I come up and say hi. I drove a dark green MR2 that night. Nice seats by the way.

Don
visual_image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-02, 09:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Those cat that you are offering look like the one on my MR2. I just had my car smogged last week and it pass with no problem.
visual_image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-02, 09:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by dremas
wow, our stock piping is TINY
its kinda un believeable till you see em out of the car!

another dream for me!
Old 11-14-02, 09:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by dremas
cuz people can copy them using the pictures. plus we've known dv8 for a long time right? longer than i've been here, he's moderator, and he's taken all this effort into R&D and production of this stuff, so we can trust him.
Makes sense...I couldnt comprehend at first
B-Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995) > Engine & Performance Modifications