Online Quick Guide to the C32A1 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs

DIYs These threads contain answers to common topics. "Do it yourself" modifications are also archived here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-02, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
#108 of 144 pairs
Belter Champion, Contra Champion

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Steve91LS
Exclamation Online Quick Guide to the C32A1

Here is something I found while searching for Legend maintainance tips. I thought every G2 owner could benefit by using at this quick guide. I modified the original image to easily fit on the forum page. Print it out and put it in your Legend!
~1ne
Steve

(If a mod could sticky this it would be greatly appreciated and might be beneficial as well.)

Technical Notes:

The Acura Legend is a near-luxury car, but under the skin it's still a Honda. All of the familiar Honda pieces are in place, but there are a few unique technical features. The manual transmission has an oil pump to circulate oil through an intercooler at the bottom of the radiator, exactly the same as on the automatic transmission. With the powertrain mounted north-south instead of sideways, the differential is in a separate housing bolted to the side of the cast aluminum engine oil pan. There is an intercooler inside the differential housing too, with engine coolant circulating through that one.

The "Check Engine" light will flash trouble codes by connecting a jumper wire across the service-check connector behind the right side of the glove compartment. The ECU is under the front passenger's feet. The injectors are the same as those used on other Hondas, but the service manual actually lists the resistance of the injectors themselves (1.5 to 2.5 ohms) along with the resistance of the injector resistor assembly (5 to 7 ohms between terminal E and all the other terminals). The timing belt drives the water pump, and there's a cooling system bleeder on the engine behind the upper radiator hose.

There are several service bulletins for the automatic transmission, but with the reputation for reliability and durability, many owners are willing to spend the money to keep these cars in good shape. For owners who have followed the maintenance schedule faithfully, a quarter-million miles is not uncommon.

An excerpt from: Motorage.com
By: Jacques Gordon
January 1, 2002
Steve91LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-02, 02:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: '95 Coupe
Car 2: '94 Sedan GS
Car 3: '90 Coupe

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to FutureX 2001 Send a message via AIM to FutureX 2001 Send a message via MSN to FutureX 2001
Thanks for the Info! got one for the TypeII?
FutureX 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-02, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Artic White LS Sedan
Car 2: 2003 Acura TL Type-S
Car 3: 1974 Black Elephant

Send a message via ICQ to LEGENDarith Send a message via AIM to LEGENDarith Send a message via Yahoo to LEGENDarith
Very nice Steve! Would you mind if we have this information hosted on AcuraLegend.com? You will be credited. =)
She Hass big ones

2003 Acura TL Type-S Silver/Black 25k Miles
LEGENDarith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-08, 02:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

quick question,, did all 1994 and 1995 acura legend sedans come standard with the type II motor??
ianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 03:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
SGM / Type F

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to samblaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianm View Post
quick question,, did all 1994 and 1995 acura legend sedans come standard with the type II motor??
93+ coupes and 94-95 GS sedans had the typeII everything else was typeI, I believe
Sig by Double Glow
samblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 12:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samblaze View Post
93+ coupes and 94-95 GS sedans had the typeII everything else was typeI, I believe
Thanks! also i want to know something,, i have a 1992 acura legend wiht no engine in it,, i was thinkin of putting the type II in cause i was told it was better than the type I. What would i need to take if i found a GS Type II car.. all i know is wiring harness and computer
ianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 01:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Spiral descent

Car 1: 1994 GS 6-speed
Car 2: 1996 A6

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to telafonic Send a message via Yahoo to telafonic Send a message via Skype™ to telafonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianm View Post
Thanks! also i want to know something,, i have a 1992 acura legend wiht no engine in it,, i was thinkin of putting the type II in cause i was told it was better than the type I. What would i need to take if i found a GS Type II car.. all i know is wiring harness and computer
There's a lot of info on this, it's been done many times. If you can't find what you're looking for in the archives, make a new post instead of replying to old posts like this one.

Welcome to the forum!

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs